Image credit: Unsplash
When life gets hectic, it’s important to carve out time for yourself to relax, recharge and reconnect with your favorite people. A “girls night in” is a great way to recharge and have fun with your besties.
You and your friends will love catching up over fun activities and delectable treats. If you want to host an unforgettable ladies night at home, check out our delicious menu recommendations and fun activity ideas.
These delicious little bites are a great prelude to any meal – but can also stand on their own as the main attraction.
- Buffalo chicken dip – It’s hard to go wrong with crunchy chips and a creamy dip. Taste of Home offers an easy recipe that pairs well with sliced veggies, chips, or crackers.
- Croquettes – Croquettes are a great customizable dish. Just add your favorite meats or veggies to the mashed potato mix before rolling, frying and serving. Fifteen Spatula’s chorizo potato croquettes offers a fun twist on the classic app.
- Mini phyllo bites – For a lighter dish that’s still full of flavor, try these adorable mini hummus and roasted pepper phyllo bites from Cookin Canuck.
While you certainly can’t go wrong with a glass of wine, we’ve gathered up some delightful cocktails that you and your girls will love.
- Peach beermosa – If your girls prefer beer over wine, whip up some beer cocktails – they’re unexpected and lots of fun! Try out this peach “beermosa”, a mimosa incorporating fruity beer, from Growing Up Gabel.
- Mojitos – Looking for something a little stronger? Mojitos are a fan favorite at ladies’ night for good reason: they’re easy to make and can be tailored to your group’s preferences. My Suburban Kitchen has a great recipe for raspberry Italian mojitos.
- Pina coladas – Pina coladas are always a fun choice, especially in warmer weather. Our Family Lifestyle offers a non-alcoholic version for your guests who aren’t drinking – and if you do drink, just add in your favorite rum.
Save room for dessert and enjoy these sweet treats.
- Fruit pizza – A giant soft sugar cookie, topped with cream cheese frosting, and your favorite fruits – what could be better? Check out Pinch of Yum’s recipe.
- Chocolate lava cakes – These are perfect for chillier temperatures – or just satisfying a chocolate craving. Chocolate, Chocolate and More has a great slow cooker recipe that makes prep a breeze.
- Cannoli dip – Serve this delicious dip with cannoli pieces or broken waffle cones. Homemade Hooplah offers a delicious and easy recipe.
When hosting at home, the possibilities for entertainment are endless. If you’re looking for inspiration, here are a few of our favorite low-prep ideas to get you started.
1. Movie marathon – Grab some popcorn and soda, turn off the lights and start streaming some of your favorite flicks! You can marathon a series, watch some classic throwbacks or just pick a few films from your group’s favorite genre.
2. At-home spa – If you and your girls love to be pampered, pick up some face masks and nail polish for a relaxing spa night. For an authentic "spa" experience, we recommend sipping on fruit-infused water.
3. Game night – Looking for a little friendly competition? Bring out your favorite board or video games to keep the fun going all night long – don’t forget to keep score!
Don't want to spend all day in the kitchen? Get your ladies night gathering catered by The Cookie Cups! We've got sweet and savory bite-sized treats to suit everyone's tastes. Check out our catering page or contact us to place your order.